- Algae Basics
- Food & Feed
- Health & Nutrition
- Spirulina Voices
- Women of Algae
- Contact David Schwartz — Publisher/Editor
- Contact Felicity Broennan — Director of Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships
- Contact Linda Putnam — Creative Director
- Contact Mark Edwards — Executive Editor
- Contact Michael Park — Finance Manager
- Contact Phil Ganz — Director of Marketing and Advertising
- Contact Us
- Subscribe to Algae Planet
- Recent Posts
- “Sea Weeding” the Great Barrier Reef
- Lumen Bioscience’s Engineered Spirulina Wins Climate Prize
- “Help Our Kelp Act” Introduced in Washington
- Meet Gamtae, the New Gourmet Algae
- Supernova Search Group Sees Algae-based Solutions in Space
- Why Seagriculture USA is Important
- Maine’s Lobster Fishers Pivot to Seaweed Farming
- Phycom Receives €9m Investment to Accelerate Growth
- Algae’s Evolution into Plants
- Brilliant Planet Update
Join the gang!
September 25, 2023: South Korean food ingredient company HN Novatech has announced that it has secured $4 million in a Series-A bridge round to commercialize its flagship ingredient ACOM-S, a seaweed-extracted heme for plant-based meat applications, such as burger patties, BBQ beef, and sausages. READ MORE...
September 21, 2023: Sea Forest, a Tasmanian-based company that grows seaweed to mitigate cow and sheep methane emissions, has been named a finalist in the prestigious global environmental award, the Earthshot Prize, set-up in 2020 by Prince William and world renowned wildlife filmmaker and environmentalist Sir David Attenborough. READ MORE...
September 18, 2023: Chitose Bio Evolution PTE. Ltd. has concluded a total of 21M USD in new share issuances through a third-party allotment with several large organizations. The funds raised will be allocated towards the expansion of the microalgae production facility and R&D of product applications to accelerate MATSURI, the project to build a microalgae-based industry to replace the petroleum industry. READ MORE...